Friday, December 23, 2016

Weekly finale: Michael Jackson

I am closing up my blog shop early for Christmas, but not before the usual weekly musical finale.

Today's featured song is a classic from 1972, that even got an Academy Award nomination for Best Song (it lost to The Morning After from The Poseidon Adventure). The song is Ben by a young singer named Michael Jackson. You may have heard of him.

Here is Jackson performing the song at the Academy Awards ceremony:



For those of you unfamiliar with Ben, it is from the movie of the same name. The movie "Ben" was a pet rat, who was "the rat leader of the swarm of rats trained by Willard Stiles". Willard Stiles was the title character of the 1971 film Willard, about a social misfit who trains a bunch of rats. Killer rat movies were a big thing in the early 1970's.

While nothing says "Merry Christmas" like a song from a movie about rats, I will add a separate seasons greetings to all of you. I wish all of you the best this weekend, and I will return Tuesday (I will be traveling Monday) for more blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment