Friday, December 16, 2016

Weekly finale: Russian rock

With another week of blogging ending, it is time to head into the weekend with the usual weekly musical finale.

With all the talk about Russian hacking in the news, I decided it's time to reveal one of my guilty pleasures, Russian rock music.

One of the more famous Russian rock artists is the band Pussy Riot, who came to fame mostly for the trouble they got into with Vladimir Putin. However, they don't take sides internationally, as their song Make America Great Again takes aim at both Donald Trump and America (NOTE: The following music video might be disturbing to some viewers):



However, I am more fond of a band called Louna. Their music has an edgy rock sound, even though I cannot tell you what the lyrics say. I just know I like them. Here is their song Штурмуя небеса, (which translates to "Storming Heavens"):



(The rest of the song's lyrics are translated here.)

That just sounds like rock to me, and very good rock at that.

Maybe we should consider this when all we hear is about Russians hacking elections, which they didn't even do in the first place.

That is all from me this week, but I will return Monday with more stone cold blogging. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment