Friday, September 22, 2017

Weekly Finale: The Night Stalker & Gargoyles

Welcome to the weekly finale.

Normally, I reserve this spot for my take on music, but today I am going to offer some entertainment for your weekend, with two classic cheesy films from 1972, both found on Youtube.

First, there is "The Night Stalker", which introduces what is in my opinion Darren McGavin's defining role, which led to a followup movie, "The Night Strangler", and later his 1974-1975 tv series:



The beauty of "The Night Stalker", and specifically McGavin's character, Carl Kolchak, is that he keeps his mind open to the truth, and usually finds it, in spite of the rest of the world closing their eyes to it. He was Fox Mulder before David Duchovny came along.

Now if you want something a bit heavier on the cheese factor, enjoy "Gargoyles":



That is all for me this week. Don't be afraid to enjoy yourself this weekend, and I will return with more blogging on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment