Friday, September 8, 2017

Weekly Finale: Uptown Funk

Let us get this week over, and get the weekend started, with our usual weekly musical finale!

Since it was released in 2014, the song "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars has been arguably the best funk song of modern times, and certainly one of the best of all time:


The song reached number 1 on many of the music charts in both America and the world, so its popularity was undeniable. The simple fact is it is just a fun song.

Which leads me to an interesting video I discovered the other day, which took the song and combined it with footage from old Hollywood musicals. The concept works to perfection:



That is all for this week. I may or may not be here to blog on Monday, due to Hurricane Irma. I will try to be here no later than Tuesday, as long as God, Georgia Power, and Comcast allow me to be here.

Regardless of what happens to me, enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment