Friday, February 12, 2016

Weekend Open Thread

On my old blog, I used to post an open thread blog right before I closed up blogging for the weekend. This is basically where anyone can talk about any topic they like in the comments.

For the open thread posts, I would usually post a piece of music which I discovered or rediscovered.

Today, I offer a song from a band which my daughter introduced me to, the Arctic Monkeys. I know, weird name, but the band is pretty good. They show a good sense of rhythm, and their lyrics are worth reading. Here is their song Teddy Picker:




Interesting facts about this song/video:

1. A teddy picker (according to Urban Dictionary) "is a machine found at carnivals and fun-fairs, where one moves a robotic arm to pick up toys or in this case, a teddy bear".

2. The video was directed by Roman Coppola. If that name is familiar, it is because he is the son of Francis Ford Coppola (The Godfather).

Enjoy your weekend folks, and we will return next week for some more...whatever it is we do around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment