Friday, January 20, 2017

Weekend finale: 3 Doors Down

While we celebrate a new president today, we also end another week.

This brings us to our weekly musical finale. In keeping with the theme of today's inauguration, it was actually nice to see Donald Trump enjoying the performance of 3 Doors Down last night. Here's a sample:



Although I am not really a fan of 3 Doors Down, as most of their music tends to be too darkly serious, they do have one song I enjoy:



Kryptonite is musically fun and bouncy, even if the lyrics are typical of 3 Doors Down's dark side. As songwriter Brad Arnold describes the lyrics:
It's not just asking, "If I fall down, will you be there for me?" Because it's easy to be there for someone when they're down. But it's not always easy to be there for somebody when they're doing good. And that's the question it's asking. It's like, "If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?" It's asking, "If I'm down, will you still be there for me?" But at the same time, "If I'm alive and well, will you be there holding my hand?" That's kind of asking, "If I'm doing good, will you be there for me? Will you not be jealous of me?" 
It makes for an intriguingly appropriate question for a new president to ask.

That is all for me this week. Enjoy the inauguration, and I will return Monday to review our new president's first weekend in office.

No comments:

Post a Comment