Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Crooked Hillary's sobfest

Hillary Clinton is not unique among Democrats in the way she paints herself as a victim. But in her case, the disingenuity is breathtaking.

Case in point: Her 60 Minutes interview, which was shown last Sunday night.

Here are some of her incredible quotes (from CNN):
Hillary Clinton "felt sad" watching a Republican National Convention that was mostly about "criticizing me," she said an interview aired Sunday night on CBS' "60 Minutes." 
"I seem to be the only unifying theme that they had," the presumptive Democratic nominee said. "There was no positive agenda. It was a very dark, divisive campaign. And the people who were speaking were painting a picture of our country that I did not recognize -- you know, negative, scapegoating, fear, bigotry, smears. I just was so -- I was saddened by it."
Hillary, you missed the part about Trump's kids saying what a great dad he was? I mean, how divisive was that, right? I mean, Trump even had the nerve to have his own daughter introduce him on the last night! Oh, wait, so are you...

Clinton complained of a "Hillary standard" -- suggesting that she faces more scrutiny than other top-level politicians. 
"I often feel like there's the Hillary standard and then there's the standard for everybody else," she said.
There is! The "Hillary standard" means she doesn't get convicted of crimes that the rest of us would do some serious jail time for. At least that is what I thought she meant?
Asked to explain that, Clinton cited "unfounded, inaccurate, mean-spirited attacks with no basis in truth" which "take on a life of their own," pointing to Republicans' criticism at the party's convention in Cleveland last week. 
"And for whatever reasons -- and I don't want to try to analyze the reasons. I see it. I understand it," she said. "People are very willing to say things about me, to make accusations about me that are -- I don't get upset about them anymore, but they are very regrettable."
Here was the part where I was about to make a joke about a "harpy", but then I realized she IS a harpy! Seriously, from Wikipedia:
In Greek mythology and Roman mythology, a harpy...was a female monster in the form of a bird with a human face. They steal food from their victims while they are eating and carry evildoers (especially those who have killed their family) to the Erinyes. They seem originally to have been wind spirits. Their name means "snatchers"
Coincidence? I think not!

But back to the interview...
In the interview, Clinton was asked what she calls Trump, in response to his moniker for her: "Crooked Hillary." 
"I don't call him anything. And I'm not going to engage in that kind of insult fest that he seems to thrive on," Clinton said. 
"So whatever he says about me, he's perfectly free to use up his own air time and his own space to do. I'm going to talk about what he's done, how he has hurt people in business time after time after time," she said.
Translation: I'm rubber, you're glue...

Seriously Hillary, the victim? You? Ok, I'll pull out the world's smallest violin...

No comments:

Post a Comment