Tuesday, July 26, 2016

More from the Trumpsters

I am still catching up on all the stories from when I was out last week. I am up to Sunday...

New York Magazine:
Donald Trump is not a Russian agent in the sense that Philip and Elizabeth from The Americans are Russian agents. There’s no hidden radio in his laundry room where he transmits secrets to the Kremlin. But his relationship with Russia is disturbing and lends itself to frightening interpretations.
Personally, I worry more about Trump working with these Russian agents:


Don't believe me? Read this first.

Mind you, I am not saying Trump is innocent. Only that focusing on him ignores the influence of Russia on the Democratic side too. To be honest, Russia seems to have bought off the entire U.S. political establishment. 

New York Magazine:
Ivanka Trump's dress

Horror of horrors! Trump's daughter didn't wear a "Made in the USA" dress at the convention! He is such a hypocrite!

Take a few deep breaths, you triggered souls. This microaggression will pass, as soon as you realize only the most shallow Americans will be influenced by this. 

For what it is worth, as I type this, the tshirt I am wearing was made in Mexico, my underwear was made in El Salvador, and my shorts were made in Honduras. Just call me "Mr. International".

You can check your own garment tags. But most of you will realize that most of our clothing isn't made in the U.S. So pointing fingers at Ivanka is politically self-serving and unrealistic.

Moyers & Company:

As we learned under President Obama, the best Congress can do is slow down a president. Our country is slowly turning into a dictatorship, as our Congress is slowly abdicating power to the Executive Branch. How long before Congress turns into a rubber-stamping function on the Executive's law-making function? Note that only the Congress can create laws under the Constitution, yet the Executive Branch does this all the time under the Obama administration.

This isn't a "Trump thing". This is where the U.S. is going now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment