Friday, July 15, 2016

Ginsburg admits mistake

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg finally came to her senses.

According to CNN:
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said Thursday she regrets remarks she made earlier this week to CNN and other news outlets criticizing presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. 
"On reflection, my recent remarks in response to press inquiries were ill-advised and I regret making them," Ginsburg said in a statement. "Judges should avoid commenting on a candidate for public office. In the future I will be more circumspect." 
Hours after releasing the statement Ginsburg talked exclusively to NPR's Nina Totenberg, and expanded upon her statement. She called her comments "incautious." 
"I did something I should not have done," she added. "It's over and done with and I don't want to discuss it anymore."
It's ok Ruth. We have all been there. But it is nice to know that even at 83 years old, we can still say something we shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment