Friday, August 19, 2016

Weekend Closing Post: Saltwater

I am closing up shop early this week, but not to get to the weekend though. I have to take care of my wife who is recovering from surgery.

Never fear! I am leaving you with a piece of music which should be branded as "modern classical", although it is currently labeled as "trance". It is Chicane's Saltwater,  which features the operatic vocals of Irish singer Máire Brennan (on Spotify, she is shown as Moya Brennan).

Saltwater was released in 1999, and charted across Europe and Australia, but sadly didn't receive any airplay in the U.S. It was based on Clannad's Theme from Harry's Game:



While Clannad's vocals are equal, Chicane's music is far superior. Chicane takes Clannad's funeral dirge and turns it into a beautiful dance tune that feels alive.



If you have Spotify, I recommend listening to Saltwater there:



On that salty note, enjoy your weekend! I will be back Monday with more stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment