Friday, April 8, 2016

Weekend Closing Post

For this weekend's closing post, I have a special treat for you folks: A new musical genre!

It is called "electro swing". As described by Wikipedia, "Electro swing is a musical genre combining the influence of vintage or modern swing and jazz mixed with house, hip hop and EDM."

A friend introduced me to Caravan Palace. Here is their song, Lone Digger (Warning: The following video does include cartoon violence, so I have included a link to the Spotify version of their song, if you prefer):







And here is an added bonus, Caravan Palace's Rock It for Me:




I adore their use of horns, as well as the swing rhythm of their songs. With the addition of electronic synthesizers, it really gives their songs a "vintage yet modern" feel.

That's it for me! Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment