Friday, March 18, 2016

The (stupid) Things We Do for Love

All men can usually claim to have done something stupid for a woman, but this story is a new one beyond anything I could ever conceive of doing. From Fox News, Captured American ISIS fighter says, 'I was not thinking straight', or as I would have titled it, "I Became a Terrorist for Love":

A Virginia man who joined ISIS and surrendered to Kurdish Peshmerga fighters earlier this week has expressed regret for entering the terror group's self-proclaimed caliphate, saying he "made a bad decision" and "was not thinking straight." 
In an interview broadcast on the Kurdistan 24 news station, Mohamad Jamal Khweis, 26, said he had made his way to the ISIS-held city of Mosul, Iraq with an unidentified woman whom he had met in Turkey while traveling.  
"We spent some time together, and she said that she is from Mosul, Iraq," Khweis said. He added the pair traveled from Istanbul to Mosul by bus and private vehicle, arriving on Jan. 16. 
"On the way there I regretted [my decision], and I wanted to go back home after things didn’t work out and saw myself living in such an environment," Khweis said. 
I know that feeling: You end up someplace really dumb with a woman, doing things you wouldn't normally do. I can only imagine waking up and being told to carry a rifle and go kill infidels. My first thought would probably be, "Huh? The sex wasn't THAT good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment