Wednesday, May 11, 2016

News Flash: Civilization VI

From the Washington Post, Firaxis has announced it will be releasing Civilization VI on October 21st.

The Civilization series is still the best (and most cerebral) video game I ever played. If you have never played any of the previous versions, I highly recommend it.

UPDATE: More stuff from PC Gamer on Civ VI:

1. Cities are made up of districts. In other words, Civ VI is more like Sim City.

2. Research is more active. Common sense: If you build a city inland, your naval research will be going a lot slower.

3. AI leaders have an agenda. And you don't know what it is. Nya nya.

4. Support units can be embedded into other units. My dad and I disagreed about the part of Civ V where you couldn't stack units like in previous incarnations of Civ. This could be a good compromise.

5. Multiplayer won't take all day. I didn't really care about this one. I prefer the slow thoughtful game of Civ against the AI.

Read the entire article at PC Gamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment