Monday, May 2, 2016

Weekend Review: Libertarian Channels Hillary

Sometimes, you just can't help someone.

I was trying to help Libertarian presidential candidate Austin Petersen over the weekend. There is a website called Terracritic which rates presidential candidates. I requested they put Libertarian candidates on it, and the site owner complied, except for Austin Petersen. I asked the site owner about it, and this is what he said:

I forwarded this response to Austin Petersen, and I got this response from him:


Channel Hillary Clinton much? All you need is the "vast right wing conspiracy".

Seriously Austin, bad answer. I like you. I really do. And you might even be right about someone keeping you out of Wikipedia. But you don't SAY it! It sounds like you feel you are entitled to something, just like Hillary sounded back in the 90's. Remember, we are Libertarians: We are NOT entitled. Man up.

UPDATE 7:54 am EST: It appears Petersen is right about Wikipedia messing with him:

Kudos to Terracritic. However, I still stand by what I said earlier about Austin. Don't whine about the conspiracy, even if it's true. It makes you sound like a Democrat.

FUN AND GAMES IN THE GOP

When is a committed delegate not a committed delegate? When it's a Republican delegate!

I am amazed the Republican Party would just overlook this. From Gateway Pundit:

Donald Trump won the Arizona Republican primary with 47% of the vote to second place Ted Cruz with 25%.
Trump won all 58 delegates in Arizona. 
But that didn’t stop the Cruz campaign and GOP elites from coming in and poaching all of the delegates at today’s state convention. 
The Cruz camp and GOP elites call this a “good ground game.”
I call it an "interception".

The Republicans better be careful. If Ted Cruz somehow ends up as the nominee, especially when it is impossible for him to get enough delegates to win, they are opening the path to a third party run by Trump, not to mention all the disgruntled Republicans leaving the party.


STOSSEL TAKES ON HEALTH CARE IGNORANCE


In this article on Fox News, John Stossel takes on some ignorance about health care:

Last week’s column on my lung surgery struck a nerve. Many of you wished me well. Others said I deserve to die. 
 “He likes free markets?” sneered one Internet commenter. “In a truly free market, society wouldn’t subsidize the cost of his smoking. In a truly free market, he’d be dead.” 
No, I wouldn’t be dead. In a real free market, I would pay for my own care...Also, I’ve never smoked cigarettes. Some people who don’t smoke get lung cancer too.
Read the whole article. Think for yourself.

MORE PROTESTS


After the anti-Trump protests in California on Friday, I was expecting the Mexicans would cool it.

I was wrong. They just added Seattle to their protests on Sunday.

From the Associated Press:

Seattle police used pepper spray to disperse black-clad anti-capitalist protesters authorities say threw rocks, flares, bricks and Molotov cocktails at officers during a rowdy May Day gathering. 
At least nine people were arrested Sunday evening. Authorities said five officers were hurt, none seriously. 
The clashes in Seattle followed a peaceful march in the city earlier in the day by advocates for workers and immigrants, just one of several events in cities nationwide Sunday to call for better wages for workers, an end to deportations and support for an Obama administration plan to give work permits to immigrants in the country illegally whose children are American citizens. 
In Los Angeles hundreds of May Day marchers took to the streets chanting slogans and carrying signs — and at least one Donald Trump piƱata.
This is the part I loved:

In Seattle dozens of people dressed in black had gathered at a downtown park following the earlier, peaceful march. The anti-capitalist demonstrators, who didn't have a permit from city officials, then started marching through the streets. They carried signs including one that said, "We Are Ungovernable."

What I want to know is why isn't Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) there checking green cards? Going out on a limb, but I think you might find a few illegals in the group above. Just saying...



No comments:

Post a Comment