Thursday, June 9, 2016

My Reply to Jesse Benn

Jesse Benn kindly replied to my last post in Twitter, so now it is my turn.

First, his responses:




I don't argue that violent acts in the face of violence is understandable on a primitive basis. But calling them "understandable" is tantamount to calling them "ok". Words have impact, and to say what you said without even a disclaimer of "I don't condone this" is nothing more than acceptance of the same tactics you accuse Trump of using.

In fact, what you are saying in the editorial is directed towards the more civilized elements of society, who don't condone violence. You are telling them to lay off the kids having their playground fight. It is just "boys being boys". At some point, an adult needs to step in and stop the fighting. Based on your editorial, that adult won't be you.

By the way, tell your mom I said hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment